Beesource Beekeeping – Advertising Information
Beesource offers a standard time based advertising model. This means that the fee advertisers pay delivers an ad on every forum page 24/7, so you can be confident you get what you pay for.
The Role and Importance of Good Advertising Design
As in traditional print and broadcast advertising, to be successful, an ad needs to be visually attractive, and the ad message appealing to the global beekeeping community. Beesource supplies the exposure of your ad (like a billboard or a magazine) to the global beekeeping audience. How your ad performs will be up to the advertisers creativity and business marketing skills. Ad design and marketing message accounts for why some ads perform better than others. It has little to do with Beesource advertising policies or rates.
Advertising on Beesource is a great value!
Advertisers on Beesource Beekeeping can:
- Be assured that the overwhelming majority of those viewing their ad are likely potential customers
- Know their ad placements are randomized on each page view/refresh to ensure equal and fair exposure
- Buy as little ($180 minimum) or as much exposure as their budgets or experimentation allows. This is not possible with print or broadcast based advertising
- Have your own forum in the Beesource Sponsors and Vendors section.
Additional Site Traffic and Audience Information
Beesource Beekeeping traffic statistics:
- 125,000 Threads (approx.)
- 1,327,000 Posts (approx.)
- 24,700 Registered Members (approx.)
- 3,530 Active Members (approx.) – more than any other beekeeping forum website in the world
- At any given time, there are hundreds of users online, viewing the forums.
- Over 2,000,000 impressions per month in the forums
- Current ad rate is $60.00 per month
- Advertising space must be purchased in blocks of 3 months ($180.00) min.
- Payment is made up front via the PayPal link at the bottom of this page.
Advertising Banner Sizes, Rates and Specifications
Example Banners: 160 x 160 pixels
This standard 160 x 160 pixel ad banner size will run in the right column, throughout the forums. The banner will be linked to the advertiser’s website URL of choice. Banner ads must be approved by Beesource before they will be accepted and placed on the site, and we reserve the right to refuse any ad.
Banner Ad Design Specifications
Banner ads will be accepted in the following formats: JPEG, PNG and GIF
We recommend that advertisers use anti-aliased (smooth) type/text for best visual results. We also recommend that advertisers prepare ads using Adobe Photoshop, Elements or Illustrator for best results.
File size limit: 40K