Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Ok, So How Do We Post Pictures?

48K views 63 replies 37 participants last post by  a+blessed+life 
#1 ·
I checked the FAQ and haven't figured out how to post the pics. Where do we find out how?

#2 ·
Here's a Picture

Given that photos can't (yet) be posted, I can
provide the following diagram:

The Point Of This Forum ---->

.. O
. -+-
.. | <- Me
. / \

And if that's not all, here's me on a bike!

..........__o
... ..... \<
..... (_)/(_)

Byte for byte, ASCII art is your best entertainment value!

#11 ·
Testing 1..2..3..

Well, Image tags are working fine, image links seem to work fine too:

Barry, were you thinking of allowing attachments? Using image tags isn't a whole lot different from posting urls- it just displays the pictures in-line. Attachments would allow folks to upload stuff (pictures, documents, etc.) from their local disk. This would be handy for them if they don't have a site to upload pictures to, but I can imagine you might not want to enable that feature..

#12 ·
Barry, were you thinking of allowing attachments?
Hey George -

I was playing around with the attachments settings also. It just got too late for me brain to function properly so I shut down. I need to look up and see how much server space I have left, now that I've deleted the old board files off of it. If plenty there, I'll be inclined to allow attachments, up to a limit of course. If donations keep coming in, I would be able to purchase a bit more disk space on the server.

- Barry

#14 ·
Pic Posting in English

Are there instructions on how to post pics without using computer language?

#15 ·
We belong to a forum that charges $19 a year to be a member. Being a member means you have the privilege of posting attachments, pictures, etc. on the forum servers. The notation "NES Member" sits below your name. It seems to work well. I've given money to this forum and will again, but if you were to start a regular membership I'd be for that, too.

Note that the forum itself is still free and available to all. There is an NES Member forum that only members can access, but everything else is open to the masses.

#17 ·
I figured it out

You can only post pictures in the Photo Gallery forum. You have to open an account at Photobucket or have it in some other website. You then upload the photo into your account. At Photobucket they make it easy to translate the picture to computer language. Flickr did not work for me. You enclose the photo address in "
".

#22 ·
try this

See odfranks response in this thread.

Put the pic on a server somewhere, I use Intermedia.net for my website.

Open the pic or webpage with the pic. Right click on the pic and click properties.

hightlite the address for the pic, right click and copy.

On beesource open a reply or start new thread. Type

should look like this:

Click preview post to see your pic before submitting.

#32 ·
What is the difference between a link and an attachment? That is probably what I saw. Most forums say you may not post attachments, whatever those are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.